The Haitian pikliz recipe is a mix of vegetables cut using the julienne method (shredded in long thin strips) spiced up with hot Caribbean peppers that is usually eaten with bananes pesées, griot and other fried meats.
- Habanero pepper
- Mason Jar
- Cut the vegetables using the julienne method and mix them.
- Add the sliced hot peppers.
- Put the mixture in the previously washed and dried mason jar.
- Add some vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Allow the mixture to macerate during a few hours or days before serving with the dish of your choice.